Tuesday 3 July 2012

Some rich pickings...

For all the disheartening moments... the 'what's happened to those leaves?', 'what's been picking at that?' or 'why is it turning that colour?'... every so often there are some victories that make it all worthwhile...

Exhibit one - my two pea plants in the garden came up trumps!:


OK, it's only a handful - but what a tasty handful!
Well pleased with that result - not a bad haul from just the two plants. If I get a return like that from the new plot I will be very happy indeed.

I put some of the success down to the fact that I put a bed of mashed up nettles underneath the pea shoots as I transplanted them into a bigger pot, and that seems to have given them the boost they needed - they were the strongest looking pea plants that I've grown.

Exhibit two: After a hard day's work in the garden the other day, I thought it was only right to reward my efforts with my prize strawberry (this photo is not edited!):

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment